For Zoontjens, sustainability is a key policy and we are continuously working towards more sustainable processes and systems. To facilitate sustainable business practice, Zoontjens works towards its ambitions in accordance with the ISO 26000 standard:
• The source of all (raw) materials is tested for sustainability, compliance with human rights obligations and the operating ethos of the suppliers;
• Use of materials and products that have a positive influence on our living environment, such as CO2-reduction and recycling;
• The (parking) roof must deliver sustainability and economic advantages for our customers;
• All suppliers guarantee to take joint responsibility with Zoontjens in respect of the environment, to fulfil the requirements and wishes of both national and international customers;
• Collaboration with suppliers who make an active contribution to the development of sustainable products and production processes based on opportunities as they arise;
• Based on transparent performance measurements, demonstrating our flexibility in the total supply chain, and wherever possible delivering added value for customers.
We fulfil these ambitions with a variety of approaches. Wherever possible, in general terms, we use recycled raw materials and the majority of system components are themselves recyclable at the end of their own lifecycle. Examples include concrete and rubber granulate, blast furnace slags, fly ash or calcium granules. We are also participants in ‘Green Deal Concrete’. This represents an agreement between businesses and government, the aim of which is to improve sustainability along the entire concrete chain.
In addition, we develop our own products with a positive influence on the environment, including our own environmental slab Dreen® NatureGreen, that neutralises CO2 through use of the raw material olivine.
As well as materials, processes have a major influence on sustainability levels. Together with our sister plants, we are ISO 14001 certified. Businesses that are ISO 14001 certified comply with all environmental legislation and regulations applicable to their sector and have developed an environmental protection system, the aim of which is to even further improve environmental performance wherever possible. Finally, if well maintained, the Pardak® system has a demonstrated useful life of at least 30 years.